Egg Donation Program
Infertile lady or woman can be taken for an egg donation program. With the help of egg donation or ovum, the donation lady conceives the baby by the IVF procedure. Here eggs or oocytes are taken from a donor lady. Here donor lady receives multiple injections approximately 20 injections of pride and 10 days of gonadotropins for stimulation of ovary. Once oocytes get matured they are taken out from her. At this time recipients, husband sperms are taken and ICSI (IVF) is done. Once on the day, 3 embryo is ready they are transferred into the uterus (womb) of the infertile lady (recipient).
Who can get the benefit of this?
Following infertile woman can get pregnancy by using donor eggs:
- Lady who is having advance age.
- Lady having a poor ovarian reserve which can be judged by different hormonal status and also by sonography.
- A woman who has undergone an IVF cycle and quality of ovum were not good.
- Reduced AMH level.
- Nonresponsive ovaries.
- Postmenopausal lady.
- Women with premature ovarian failure. The egg donation program has become so successful in all of the above ladies.
How do we select egg donors?
- Donors are anonymous (unknown to donors and unknown to recipients).
- Age between 21 and 32 years old.
- A non-smoker, healthy.
- Mature and prepared to help a couple have a child.
- Properly investigated for an infection like HIV, HBsAg, Hepatitis C virus, syphilis.
- Also, we check for diabetes, hemoglobin, blood group.
- We also try to match the skin color, height.
- Have a low FSH level and at least 6 eggs.
- Marital status and completion of the family.
- Education occupation.
- Medical problem.
- Blood transfusions.
- Allergies medications.
- Cycle synchronization and egg retrieval.