High-level Sonography is conducted by Dr. Sunil Shah & Dr. Binjal Shah who is well experienced in this field and doing it for more than 17 years. Dr. Shah has been trained for basic 2D sonography in Ahmedabad at GynOb center. Then Dr. Shah took advanced sonography training of color Doppler, fetal echocardiography and Fetal anomaly at Mediscan center, Chennai. Mediscan is one of the best centers in the world for fetal medicine and ultrasonography. Dr. Shah has also taken on line training of fetal medicine foundation, London for an 11- 14 weeks scan which is done for finding fetal anomaly early and to screen the fetus for trisomy. Dr. Shah is a certified sinologist of FMF London.
Dr. Shah is a faculty in many conferences across the country.
Internationally recommended sonography for the following indications are done in our center.
Following is the schedule of USG done in the journey of 9 months.
Up to 10 weeks (Early pregnancy)
- Numbers of embryos or number of sacs.
- Cardiac activity and viability.
- Regularities of the sac.
- Support to pregnancy.
- Late conception.
- To judge the abortion process.
11 weeks to 13.6 weeks NT scan (FMF-London)
- Dating (to know the date of delivery).
- Pre-eclampsia prediction by colour doppler, BP.
- Down’s syndrome screening.
- Anomaly screening.
This date you need blood report double marker(Rs.1800-Rs2000).
20-22 Weeks targeted sonography
- Anomaly Scan.
- In this scan from head to foot, almost all parts are seen.
- The structure seen in the head is Small brain, large brain, posterior fossa, collection of fluid in ventricles, nasal bone, lips, thalami, cavum septum pellucidum and many more.
- Structures seen in the chest are Heart—4 chamber view, 3 vessels trachea view, outflow tracts, heart position on the left side/right side. Lungs.
- Abdomen: Stomach, Kidneys, anterior abdominal wall, umbilical arteries, bladder.
- Spinal cord and vertebral columns all segments.
- Both extremities: Upper limbs and lower limbs.
- Weight of baby.
- Placental location.
32 weeks – color doppler ( Growth USG)
- Growth of child (weight) comparing baby’s growth with previous sonography and putting a record in the chart. This gives us an idea regarding the proper development and growth of the baby.
- Amount of fluid (liquor).
- Oxygen supply judgment by umbilical artery color doppler and MCA color Doppler.
35-36 weeks (Full-term scan with Color Doppler)
- For the growth and weight of the baby.
- Heartbeat per minute.
- Presentation of baby: vertex or breech or transverse.
- Amount of fluid-More (polyhydramnios), Less (oligohydramnios).
- Placental calcification.
- Oxygenation to the baby.
By this sonography, we can judge and get the idea of whether the birth of the baby will be vaginal (normal) or abdominal (cesarean).