Who can get the benefit of this?
- Husband with advanced age.
- Husband having azoospermia not responding to medicines.
- Ejaculation failure. Failed TESE and other sperm retrieval techniques.
- Klinefelter syndrome or any other genetic disease.
- Husband and wife both are having thalassemia minor.
- Husband HIV or any other serious vertically transmitted disease.
- The husband had taken chemotherapy by which there are chances of genetic mutation and the development of an abnormal child.
How do we select sperm donors?
- It is anonymous(unknown to donors and unknown to recipients).
- Sperm count, morphology is checked.
- Educational status and level of IQ are checked.
- Blood group, color, the height we try to match it and options are offered to select from the data.
- The sample which is used is always quarantine.
- Thoroughly examined for infection like HIV, HBsAg, HCV & VDRL.