Surrogacy at Sarvamangal IVF
- Who can use this method for becoming parents?
- Methods and types of Surrogacy.
- Financial information / Cost of surrogacy.
- Legal Aspects and concern.
- Selection of Surrogate woman- Ideal surrogate woman profile.
- Commissioning couple’s investigation and required profile.
- Steps to proceed.
Who can use Surrogacy
- The wife is unable to conceive the baby in her womb.
- Congenital abnormality of the genital tract mainly uterus Rokitansky syndrome or any other abnormality.
- Various diseases of uterus & internal organs could be an infection, toxic chemical and mechanical problems due to which childbearing is contraindicated.
- Repeated IVF failures or recurrent implantation failure of good embryos.
- Asherman’s syndrome synechiae in the uterine cavity, thin endometrium, non-receptive endometrium. It can be because of infection, past abortion, surgery following extraction of fibroid or polyp, submucous fibroids.
Methods and types of Surrogacy
- Traditional surrogacy: Husband’s sperm is directly injected via IUI into a surrogate woman.
- Traditional surrogacy and donor sperms
- Gestational surrogacy: Here Egg of a woman of a commissioning couple and sperm of her husband commissioning couple are used to form the embryo and are transferred into the womb of a surrogate woman.
- Gestational surrogacy with donor egg: In this case egg of an anonymous (unknown) donor and sperm of commissioning husband is used and then transferred into the womb of a surrogate woman.
- Surrogacy with embryo donation.
Financial Information / Cost of Surrogacy
In general, the cost for Surrogacy (including all agency fees, attorneys’ fees, screening and surrogate fees, and medical and insurance costs) ranges from around $ 20,000 to $ 40,000, depending the program chosen. Normally in USA, it is 70,000 US $. Standard programs vary in the source of the egg donation, IVF insurance coverage, legal needs, and other circumstances. Optional components can add 5-10% to the costs. Normally it is easy and simpler to get commercial, dedicated and good surrogate in India.
Cost components considered are as below:
- I.V.F charges
- Surrogate mother charges
- Legal + Medical Visa charges
- Blood Investigations charges
- Consultant charges
- Drug Charges
- Doctor & Nursing charges
- Surrogate food charges (For 9 months)
- Delivery charges 10. 4D sonography charges
Certain other variable charges include Freezing charges, Blastocyst culture, and freezing charges.
Few of the standard packages for Surrogacy includes:
- Standard Surrogacy Package
- Comprehensive Surrogacy Package (With Assurity)
- Selective Surrogacy Package
Ideal Surrogate Woman
- She is healthy physically and mentally, and willing to undergo extensive screenings
- Does not suffer from any medical disease
- Is over 23 years of age
- She should not have a habit of tobacco, illegal drugs, or abuse alcohol
- Not on any anti-depressants or antipsychotic medicine
- Has given birth to a minimum one healthy child
- Should not have more than 2 previous cesarean births
- Has the support of spouse and family
- Has medical insurance (strongly suggested but may not disqualify a surrogate)